Step 3: How to Create, Email and Print a Preliminary Closing Statement
by MVTE on 12 Jun 2018 in News
How to Create a Preliminary Closing Statement
- Login to your account.
- Select with Seller or Buyer from tabs at top of the calculator.
- Enter details into the fields under the Primary tab.
- Once complete, expand Additional tab by clicking on “+” sign on the right side.
- Fill in details as much as needed.
- You’ll find that most of the information is optional, which allows you to quickly only punch in the important details of the transaction like Last Year’s Tax, Sale Price, Closing Date, etc.
- You’ll also find that some fixed values will also be auto-populated such as Closing Fees and Lien Search to ease your life even more.
- Once you are done with both sections, click on Calculate button. This button is found on both top and bottom of the calculator.
- Your Estimate Closing Statement will be displayed with all the information you entered.
- From here you can go back to the calculator if you would like to update some information. Otherwise, you can print, email or save the current statement. If you like what you have you can order title directly from this screen.
How to Email a Preliminary Closing Statement
Share the preliminary closing statement with your clients or yourself instantly with the “Email” button when you are creating or editing a closing statement.
- After entering in all the necessary information for your closing statement click on “Calculate” button.
- From the Closing Statement page, click the “Email” button located at top of page.
- An email compose message will appear with a link to your closing statement.
- Type the address of the people you would like to send it to in the To field.
- There is a title and text template in the email window for you. Feel free to add to our customize the title and body of the email in the email window.
- Then click red “Send” in the top right corner.
Printing From Your Computer
You can print any preliminary HUD directly from the browser you are accessing the calculator from.
- Simply click the “Print” button located at the top of the screen when you are ready to print your closing statement.
- By default, when you hit “Print” it prints the Estimated Closing Statement format with the information currently entered into the calculator.
- When your print window pops up, be sure to select the printer of your choice and click on Print.
Alternate Print Method – Mobile Printing
If you do not have an AirPrint device or the functionality is not working on your mobile device you can print by alternative means.
- Email yourself the preliminary closing statement you want to print.
- Click the “Email” button that may appear at the top or in the menu on the app.
- A window to compose an email will appear with a link to the preliminary closing statement you have created.
- Type in the email address you want it sent to if it doesn’t auto-populate with the email you want.
- Click “Send” in the top right corner.
- Check your email.
- Copy and paste the link into your browser to view your preliminary closing statement.
- Print from your computer as you normally would any document.