Step 5: How to Save, Discard and/or Access Drafted/Previously Saved Closing Statements
by MVTE on 12 Jun 2018 in News
How to Save and/or Discard Drafted Closing Statements
You have the ability to save a closing statement you are working on and revisit it when you are ready to complete it.
- Once you have entered all the details you want, simply hit the “Save” button at the top of the screen.
- Saving can be done at anytime while you’re working on the closing statement.
- Once you hit the “Save” button, a window will appear to add a name to the closing document you are working on.
- Type in the name you would like to use for this closing statement. Something like the seller name or property address so it will be easily identifiable later.
- Hit the “Submit” button in the Save window.
- Your closing statement is now saved in your account and this is confirmed by green text that temporarily appears near the top of the page.
- To view your statement later or to confirm your statement is saved, click on the “Saved” tab at top of the calculator.
- Here you will find all your saved statements and you can either View or Delete the statements from the Saved page.
To discard a statement, simply close out the calculator or log out of your account without clicking Save.
You also have the ability to start over with a closing statement by clicking the New button at the top of your screen. This will clear all the fields in the calculator.
How to Access Previously Saved Preliminary Closing Statements
The calculator allows you to save statements in progress and go back to edit them as new offers or details come in.
- To access previous statements that you saved click the “Saved” button from the home screen.
- A list of your previously saved statements will appear.
- Click on any of them and modify them to calculate new offers – all without re-entering any details.